Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sometimes I Photograph Dogs














I used to breed and show dogs at the same time that I was breeding and showing horses and photographing at the shows I was competing in. What a crazy person I was. Or perhaps it was just that I was younger. ;) I have since learned to simplify my life!

I love photographing dogs. I get so busy photographing horses and their people that I forget that. They are so full of expression, motion and emotion.
The first image is from a farm call I photographed this summer. These are Kelly Rinehart's dogs in the morning light.

I visited a dog show this summer while my own chosen breed in life, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, was holding a National Specialty. I brought my cameras and had a little fun. I caught this Afghan on a morning walk with his handler. Just a bit of joy of motion going on there.

No comments: