Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Next Stop.... Vegas!







The FEI World Cup in Vegas is coming up fast. I'll once again be photographing this event as credentialed media. Look for World Cup galleries a few days after I return on the 23rd of April.

I am always excited to photograph some of the best horses and riders the show jumping and dressage world has to offer. Extra special added attraction to the event for us Pacific Northwesters is that our own Jeremy Steinberg will be riding in the dressage invitational and Rich Fellers is riding in the Jumping division. You can be sure that I'll be devoting some extra shots to capturing these guys.
For me personally, though the week can be grueling packing heavy camera gear all week, - my newest lens weighs 10 lbs all by itself. :) - standing for hours, shooting and shooting, concentrating on capturing just the right moment over and over and over... its a mixture of "pinch me, look where I am" (best seat in the house!) and exhaustion.
I'm looking forward to meeting up with my good buddies, photographers Susan Sexton, (now a resident of Mexico) Terri Miller (San Diego) and my roomie from Louisiana, Marie Cobb. Partay time in Vegas!
The PR people take pretty good care of us media types, and offer a well equipped media room for us to work. Breakfast, lunch, drinks and wireless internet!

Hope those of you that are going have a great time! Look for me down in the pits.