Monday, June 24, 2013

Beaujolais/Chablis Shows- Farm Call Sessions and Editorial Assignments oh my!

I've been busy!  Its my busiest time of the year.   I just have time to highlight some recaps and post a little news.
 I am now maintaining two proof gallery sites and I know that has been a bit confusing for some.  I will be slowly weaning us all off of the exposure manager site. 
2012 galleries are at their original location at http://www.marycornelius.exposuremanager.com

My 2013 galleries are to be found at http://www.marycornelius.zenfolio.com
The new Zenfolio site should be more user friendly and includes many more options for keeping up with my blog, finding my dressage show sign up forms and offering many more products.

Last week I brought my vintage Airstream up to Donida to use as my base of operations to photograph the Beaujolais/Chablis shows.  The Airstream has been undergoing renovations on the interior and the systems and it was its inaugural test run. Aside from a few minor issues, everything was working as it should.  I need some practice on canopy set up and must remember to plug into an actual live socket.  :)
My new crew got things sorted out pretty fast and then we set to work.   Many thanks to my assistant photographer Tracey Bish and my invaluable office person Kristy Batie for all their expert help.  I hadn't been to Donida for many years, so there were many changes and new things to get used to.  New venue, new crew, new trailer!
 It was a good show and although we were working hard, I found it most enjoyable.  Images from that show can be found at the above zenfolio link.  
Even the Traveling Wee Horse  (one of 12 identical ponies who travel the world seeking adventure in memory of photographer Susan Sexton) enjoyed his visit.  He got to ride Rossi, Molly Martin's grand prix dressage horse. 


 My first photography workshop is now history. It was held at Wild Turkey Farm on June 1.  Participants say they learned a lot and were thrilled to be able to photograph such a large collection of beautiful Holsteiner horses. I learned a lot too, treasure all the feedback I received and look forward to some more photographic workshop adventures in the future.

My next photography workshop is July 27th at Narnia Farms.  We have just a couple of spots left if you would like more information check out the workshop tab at the top of this blog.  This is a much smaller more intimate workshop with a very different format.  We will all be working together to create images of some beautiful horses and riders/models as well as learning some photoshop techniques.  I have invited my friend Kim Vickrey to help lead this workshop.  It should be lots of fun and I can't wait to see the images that we all come up with.

The July issue of Flying Changes has my photo artwork of Wild Turkey Farm's Ayla WT on the cover.The image was taken during the American Holsteiner Horse Assn Approvals. 

My next competitive events where I am the official photographer are the Champagne Classic at Donida and Dressage at DevonWood at.... DevonWood.  All take place in July.  See you there! 

I am scheduling photo farm sessions as my schedule and the weather allows.   I am particularly enjoying the horse portraiture.   If you can gather at least 5 of your barn friends and their horses together in one spot, you can get in on my group discount which has proven to be quite popular and a good economical way to go.

  In the morning I am flying off to Idaho on a photographic assignment for an upcoming article in Practical Horseman so I had better finish and get packing! 


No comments: