Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Photo Session in The Enchanted Woods

To be candid, this past winter I have been in a creative slump.  Just nothing was percolating for the past 3 months.  Sometimes you just can't force these things and just need to direct focus elsewhere.  My focus has been showing my dogs in conformation classes, planning the remodeling of my 1958 Airstream and planning my two summer photography workshops. With the days growing longer, I started to feel a spark of creativity and thought I should take advantage of it.
I have long had visions of doing a series of horses in the woods. I was starting to get some visions that I wanted to play with.  This past weekend I got together with my friend Stacie Burgess for some photo shoot research.  Stacie is a good git er done co-hort with lots of ideas and seemingly a huge secret room of talented and creative friends.
 She also just happens to have one of the best photo subject horses around in Nadia, her lovely gray Andalusian mare.   Add in Stacie's beautiful friend Maeve in wood nymph attire, an enchanted woods and some almost but not quite indifferent light and voila!  This is what came out of my camera.   Isn't it fun!
 Hopefully we will have a chance to work with something along these lines at my July 27th  Equestrian Lifestyle and Portraiture Photography Workshop.  Anyone feeling like this type of photo session would be awesome, starring YOU, drop me a line, we can chat and see what we could set up.  Its not that hard and it is so much fun. 


No comments: